Wednesday, March 24, 2010

High School...Ehh


Lately Ive been thinking about high school...there have been plans for a 15yr reunion. Sigh.. High school..was not my favorite. Yes..there were definitely some things I loved, like choir, and gymnastics..but otherwise. No. Thinking back to those days..I wonder what it is about H.S. in particular that we cannot let go of..whether it be good or bad. Why is it that we want to get together?? Is it truly to just catch up? Or is it simply to compare, measure up..find out if each person.. once weighed, and measured is found lacking..or not.

I was always the extremely short, a bit too hyper girl. I never fit into a specific niche. I was always shy and uncomfortable, silly and at times a bit to emotional. As is typical, all I ever wanted was to fit in. But I never really did. I have to laugh at so many of the things I did and said though...the silliness of the situations I thought were so dyer..the boys I thought I couldnt stand to live if they didnt notice me..hahaha! They never did. LOL!

I only got asked to once dance..and what absolutely sucked was that it was with a guy who was ohh lets say an entire me taller..lol. And the only reason he asked me was because he had a crush on a friend of mine. I basically spent the night sitting with him while he moped on the sidelines or dancing with a belly button. Ha! The only boys I did date..went to other high schools and I knew outside of good old BHS.

I had a few truly good friends though. A couple I am still very close with.. some I wonder where they have gone. Bob..where is Bob!? :) Others...I am ok with their friendships ending whenever they did. I do talk to some of my classmates thanks to Facebook..its nice and weird at the same time. Not sure what to make of it. I know some truly are interested in me as a person, some probably just have the friend request obligation, and others probably are curious but dont really care. I guess I could fall into all of those categories too..im not judging just relaying thoughts. :)

I have many good memories though..eating lunch in the lounge (was that what it was called..i cannot remember), spending time at Westerns Library (which turned out to be located at Bellis Fair and Birch Bay according to me and Joy W.), Getting a B in chem. from Pervy Mr. Fox when I was pretty sure I failed, Choir tours, Swing Choir, Gymnastic meets and turn outs. And Ill never forget those killer sandwiches..you could smell the fresh bread baking all day...by lunch time I was always so hungry just from smelling the bread I could not wait to eat. :) Such silly things to remember..lol!

I look at my wee ones..and I wonder what those days will be like for them. Will they be the ones dying to fit in..will they be popular, jocks, nerds, geeks..trouble makers. I hope that of all of those worries that the one thing they will be is true Christians that follow Jesus, love me and Jason and their siblings. I hope I can encourage them and help them to have confidence in themselves and that High School is truly not who you are as a person. High School is just a drop in a bucket of life and there are so many more wonderful and amazing things beyond those 4 years.

I wonder how many people think about high school and feel defined by it. :( I hope not many. I may not have been the cool girl, popular or otherwise..but im ok with that. Now anyway..haha maybe not so much then. Not sure I want to revisit those days of hormone imbalanced teens, popularity competition, gossip, fighting.....15 yr reunion..???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I'm a stay at home mom with 3 kids under 4 and a hubby. We lead a crazy and busy life with Jesus as our center.