Sunday, October 24, 2010

A favorite Book

Well this is not hard. I adore reading!!! I read every single night..no matter how tired I am and even if I only read a sentence I will open my book and read. So a favorite book...I think it would have to be Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. It depicts the life of a woman who gets sold into prostitution as a child and the struggles she goes through after she is essentially bought by a man to be his wife. Though his reasons for ''buying'' her have nothing to do with what you might be imagining. But because he feels the Lord telling him that this is the woman he has chosen for him. She rebels against him as her husband, runs away multiple times, and is angry and bitter. It is an amazing story about how the love of God can overcome so many struggles and pain...how He loves us no matter where weve been or the poor decisions we might make. Every single time I read it I want to start over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I'm a stay at home mom with 3 kids under 4 and a hubby. We lead a crazy and busy life with Jesus as our center.